Thanks to the wonderfully fabulous Influenster, I recently had the opportunity to test out some Mary Kay sun-kissed products. Being one that favors a more natural makeup look, I’ve never been a fan of Mary Kay. My impression has always been that Mary Kay favors a more made-up look–definitely not my thing. I wasn’t sure what to expect, so I kept an open mind as I awaited the arrival of my test kit. Boy was I ever surprised.
- Lash Love Mascara in I ❤ Black
- Cream Eye Color in Apricot Twist
- Mineral Cheek Color in Shy Blush
- Translucent Loose Powder
- Gel Eyeliner in Jet Black with an Expandable Brush Applicator
- Bronzing Powder
- NouriShine Plus Lip Gloss in Mango Tango
- A Cream Eye Color/Concealer Brush
- A Blush/Bronzer Brush
The box was amazing! I was so surprised to get full-sized samples of so many products and couldn’t wait to try them out. Since then, I’ve definitely found my favorites.
- The mascara is amazing. It stays put and doesn’t flake like some mascaras, plus the applicator is really easy to use and there are no smudges.
- The cream eye color is the best I’ve ever used. In the past, I’ve had issues with creasing where the eye color would wear away halfway through the day, particularly around the crease between the eyelid and the area under the eyebrow. I was surprised to see that I don’t have this problem with the Mary Kay cream eye shadow. Plus, I love the Apricot Twist color. It can be used for a softer look or a more ba-bam look, which is great.
- Love, love, love both the blush and the bronzer. Both are so easy to use and look great. Plus, the blush has a nice, golden sparkle to it which is great for summer.
- Both brushes are fabulous, especially the cream eye color/concealer brush. It’s the best I’ve used for applying cream eye colors. The blush/bronzer brush is also great, but I have noticed it looses little hairs when used.
- I like the lip gloss, but the orangey Mango Tango shade is too much for me. I just don’t think I can pull it off with my skin tone. The gloss itself is great though and isn’t too sticky, which I love.
- The gel eyeliner isn’t my fave, but probably because I’m not a gel eyeliner user. It’s a little intimidating and I haven’t gotten up the nerve to rock it yet. That said, someone who loves gel liner might love it. This is a “try it for yourself” kind of thing.
- I haven’t had much use for the translucent powder. I think it’ll become more useful as the temperature heats up since it can be used to prevent unwanted shine, which is not an issue for me yet.
After testing these products, my opinion of Mary Kay has definitely changed. While I do still think some of their looks are a little too much, I’ve realized that I can use their products to achieve the look I’m after. Plus, sun-kissed is a look I love and these products are great for creating it. I’ll definitely be trying more Mary Kay items in the future.
To find out more about Mary Kay, visit their website at http://www.marykay.com and search for a beauty consultant.
A great, Virginia-based consultant is Andrea Jeremiah. You can visit her Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/AndreaJeremiah.live2day01.